How to setup the terminals and guests for snapADDY VisitReport
Unlike named licenses, terminal licenses allow any number of users (so-called guest users) to create visit reports. The license is linked to a terminal device. This means that you can operate as many terminals (e.g. tablets) simultaneously as the number of licenses you have booked.
To set up a terminal correctly, please follow the steps below:
- Terminal licenses must be assigned in the snapAddy BackEnd at www.app.snapaddy.com. To do this, click on the VisitReport Terminals tab in the user administration, where you will find an overview of your licenses as well as the option to assign them.
- In the field that now opens, you can select the name of the terminal and assign it to a domain by clicking on the drop-down arrow.
- You must also select a password for the terminal here. It is best to make a note of this to set up the tablet at the trade fair.
- Under point 4, it is possible to set up a pin for the VisitReport app, which prevents unauthorized persons from using the app.
- Under the "Users and licenses" tab, you can invite guests for your terminal by first clicking on "Invite user".
- Select the checkbox "Add user as guest", then the license and role assignment for this user disappears.
- Enter an e-mail address as well as your first name and surname.
- Now you can log in to the VisitReport app with your terminal e-mail address and the assigned password.
The guest does not receive an invitation email, as they are only created for selection at the terminal during the reporter entry.
If you would like to create several users as guests at once, you can use the CSV upload option. As with the creation of individual users, we only require an e-mail address and first/last name.
To assign your staff to the terminal, you can create them under the User groups tab.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your Customer Success Manager.